We reserve the right to limit the sales of our Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with applicable law. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any Services that we offer. All descriptions of our Services, such as product pricing, are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to discontinue any Services at any time. Any offers for your products or services made on our site is void where prohibited (for example, on our public forums).
You commit yourself to choosing one of our Service offerings that meet your needs, or those of your organization or users. We may, in the future, offer new or Softescu services and/or features through this website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features or third party tools and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service. You commit to abide by and to assure adherence to the technical specifications and limitations of such Services, to assure that the use of our Services is done within the limits of the law and in accordance with these Terms.
You understand that some changes cannot be performed, most notably you may not change the amount of features available in another plan than the current one, unless you to choose to subscribe to the plan where that feature is available.
As a reminder, in accordance with these Terms, your access codes, which are private, are under your full and complete responsibility. Softescu will not be accountable for misuse by third parties of your account, it is your responsibility to keep such credentials private and safe.
Softescu provisions automatically for every site and environment SSL certificates using the “Let’s Encrypt” service (with some limitations). By using the OpenStory.io service, you recognize OpenStory.io as a duly authorized agent for the provisioning of such certificates.
You will not attempt (and will not allow others) to:
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or translate the services offered by Softescu, or otherwise attempt to derive source code, trade secrets or know-how in or underlying any Softescu service or any portion thereof; unless specifically authorized in writing by an officer of Softescu. In the case specific components of Softescu are published as open source software, the customer agrees to respect the license terms of each component and agrees that the non-respect of such a license can lead to the immediate termination of the present service or contract with Softescu, without prejudice.
- Interfere with, modify, disrupt or disable features or functionality of Softescu, including without limitation any such mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality, or defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of our Services.
- The software and applications used in our paid plans are not governed by an open source license and are subject to copyright owned by OpenSource Inc.
The Services (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, but excluding any information or materials uploaded or otherwise provided by you), are owned by Softescu., its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms of Service permit you to use our site solely as a means of procuring our Services, and you must not reproduce or attempt to reproduce or duplicate, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material available on accessible through our Services, website, or mobile applications, except in the context of customary caching to increase performance and otherwise as required for the functioning of the Services.
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of our site or Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use the site and Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to our Services, site, or any content on o site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Softescu. Any use of the site not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
The Company name, the terms Softescu, Softescu Inc., Softescu SRL, the company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Softescu Inc. or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written consent of the company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the website are the trademarks of their respective owners. If you upload any designs, logos or names subject to trademark or servicemark for use on the site, you represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to do so.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the site or any technological device or process in any manner that you know could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the site, our mobile applications or Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the same.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website or any of its content or any Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the site or providing any competing services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the site or any other content of ours or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that knowingly interferes with the proper working of the site or the provision of our Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or knowingly interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the site, the infrastructure on which the site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the site or our Services.
- Attack the site or our Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise knowingly interfere with the proper working of the site or the proper provision of our Services.
Customers or users residing in countries on the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control sanction list or the Restrictive measures (sanctions) in force of the European Union regarding Internet-based services, including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, may not use the Softescu Services.
Content Reliance on Information Posted
We reserve the right to remove any content from our site at any time upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such content or if we have cause to believe that you have breached these Terms of Service. You, not us, remain solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Services, and you warrant that you possess all rights necessary to provide such content to us and to grant us the rights to use such information in connection with the Services and as otherwise provided herein.
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the content on the Website. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
DMCA Copyright Policy and Copyright Agent
Softescu respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe something on our site or our Services has infringed your intellectual property rights, please notify our local office, locations for which can be found on our Contact page. To assist you as soon as possible, please go to our Contact page, or file a support ticket through your account and provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
- Address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address where we may contact you.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
The Service is provided as-is, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do offer a limited 99.5% uptime guarantee for production environments as detailed in these Terms for all contracts starting after the 1st of January 2019. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of these Services will be accurate or reliable.You agree that from time to time we may remove the Services for indefinite periods of time and reserve the right to cancel the Services at any time, without notice to you. Errors in the information contained in our Services sometimes occur. In addition, we may make changes and improvements to the Services provided herein at any time.
THE SERVICE AND THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH IT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE AND/OR OUR PARTNERS SUPPLIERS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. USE OF OUR SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE AND/OR OUR AFFILIATES, ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH US, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE AND/OR OUR AFFILIATES HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR THE INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS IN this SECTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, EACH PARTY’S LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF EACH PARTY’S AFFILIATES, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (I) ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED, OR (II) PAYMENTS MADE BY YOU FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM. IN ADDITION, OPENSTORY.IO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (A) THE COST OR PROCUREMENT OF ANY SUBSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES, (B) ANY MATTERS CONTEMPLATED BY FORCE MAJEURE, © ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE CONTAINED IN OR DELIVERED VIA THE SERVICES (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), (D) THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES, OR DAMAGES TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE THAT IS CAUSED BY THE SERVICE (FOR CLARITY, INCLUDING ANY SYSTEMS, APPLICATIONS, CODE, PROCESSES OR METHODS USED TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE), OR (E) DAMAGES FOR ANY EMAILS OR OTHER CONTENT THAT YOU OR YOUR END USERS SEND OR POST VIA THE SERVICE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND LIMIT THEIR POTENTIAL LIABILITY GIVEN THE FEES CHARGED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER IF OPENSTORY.IO WERE TO ASSUME ANY FURTHER LIABILITY OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH HEREIN. THE PARTIES HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE CONTRACT BETWEEN US AND YOU . Some states do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not always apply.
In the event Softescu fails to perform any obligation pursuant to these Terms due to an external reason, in particular, one that would be inherent to the internet itself, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, earthquakes, labor strikes, industrial disputes, fuel crises, or any other cause of any nature beyond Platorm.sh’s control, such failure shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Softescu, its subsidiaries, affiliates partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and contractors, licensors, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, costs, demands, damages, liabilities, or expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to: (a) anything you provide or approve for using the Services, (b) your use of the Services, © your breach of these Terms of Service (including your failure to comply), or (d) any actual, prospective, completed or terminated service between you and a third party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page.
When we make a material legal change, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, (e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Services or by sending you an email). In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Services after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Services under the new version of the such legal material changes, you may contact us to see what accommodations may be made.